Seminar Submission Guidelines
The Tales of the Cocktail® 2021 Seminar Proposal period has CLOSED. Our Education Advisory Committee is underway reviewing all submitted seminar proposals for digital Tales of the Cocktail® 2021. If your seminar proposal is selected to move forward for this year’s conference, you will be notified by email as the Committee conducts TOTC2021 Seminar Submission Phone Interviews between early May 2021.
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is a non-profit organization that educates, advances, and supports the global hospitality industry and creates a lasting impact in our host communities. With the ongoing pandemic and economic strain on our industry, our goal is to come together as a community, share best practices, and rebuild together.
We want to thank you for your interest in submitting your seminar ideas for Tales of the Cocktail 2021. Not only are you offering to share insights that will no doubt educate and inspire spirits professionals from around the world, but you’re helping to support the industry as a whole during a difficult year. Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is the global leader in spirits education and a platform to tackle issues facing the industry. The pillars of the Foundation are to Educate, Advance, and Support the hospitality industry through programs that benefit individuals and organizations in the community and to make a lasting impact in communities that host our events.
If you have an idea for a Tales of the Cocktail® 2021 digital Brand Activation, potential Spirited Dining + Drinking, or a Beyond the Bar Activation, please email Partners@TalesoftheCocktail.org.
2021 Theme: Community
Community exemplifies how the global drinks industry is coming together to share knowledge and compassion. The tenacious spirit of our industry inspires Tales of the Cocktail Foundation to embrace this theme in 2021, communing thought-leadership to focus on the future. To be innovative, collaborative, and nimble with the goal of true advancement of not only our craft but our culture.
Types of TOTC2021 Seminars
- The seminar formats offered in this digital space are:
- Panel: 30-60 mins. 1 moderator and 3-4 panelists. The most common format.
- SED Talk: 60-90 mins. Spirits, Education, and Development. A deep dive into specific SED topics, presented in a series of 10-20 minute segments. 1 host and 3-4 speakers.
- Interview: 10-60 mins. 1 interviewer and 1 interviewee.
- Activation or Event: 30-60 mins. Usually associated with partner brands. Happy hours/parties/trivia/etc.
- Roundtable: 60-90 mins. 1 moderator and up to 9 participants. Larger format space to include a variety of experts on a specific topic, often related to Beyond the Bar or Bar Recovery.
- We will consider a select number of seminars to be held in a language other than English, with subtitles provided.
- Give yourself time to submit “on time” as there are no extra points for submitting first, take as much time as you can to conceptualize your seminar.
- Set aside an uninterrupted hour to review the seminar proposal application and FAQ before starting.
- Remember, your submitted seminar proposal application is the Education Committees’ first impression of your idea. Your submission will be reviewed for its content and contribution to the advancement of the drinks industry.
- All Education Committee members are volunteers. See the 2021 Education Committees here.
Tales of the Cocktail 2021 Seminar Submission How-To Video
Learn more about what was new for the Tales of the Cocktail 2021 Seminar Submission period with Lynn House, Co-chair of the Beyond the Bar Committee, Claire Warner, Co-chair of the Culture Committee, and Laura Green, member of the Beyond the Bar Committee.
For Spanish Closed Captioning: Click Settings – Subtitles – Spanish.
Translation via YouTube auto-translate, we apologize for any errors. Elija configuraciones y elija subtítulos para español. Traducido automáticamente por YouTube. Disculpas por los errores.
Have an idea to present to the global drinks industry?
Submit your Tales of the Cocktail® 2022 seminar proposal to the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation’s Education Committee starting Fall of 2022.
In the meantime, read our FAQs to see how the seminar process works!Seminar FAQs
Seminar Submission Deadlines
March 19, 2021 11:59 PM CST
May 3 - May 17, 2021
June 25 - June 29, 2021
July 2, 2021
August 2, 2021
September 20 - September 23, 2021