SEMINAR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is a non-profit organization that educates, advances, and supports the global hospitality industry and creates lasting impact in our host communities.
We want to thank you for your interest in submitting your seminar ideas for Tales of the Cocktail 2020. Not only are you offering to share insights that will no doubt educate and inspire spirits professionals from around the world, but you’re helping to support the industry as a whole. Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is the global leader in spirits education and a platform to tackle issues facing the industry. The pillars of the Foundation are to Educate, Advance, and Support the hospitality industry through programs that benefit individuals and organizations in the community and to make lasting impact in communities that host our events.
Before You Get Started!
- Read all of the questions on the seminar form before you submit and always be sure to have a copy of your submission saved on your computer. You will also receive an email copy of your submission once you submit it.
- The 2020 Seminar Proposal period was from September 3rd – November 2nd, 2019.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions on seminars, the submission process, and execution. These are always changing, so whether you’re a virgin or veteran you can always use a refresher!
- Our Committees are looking for new and fresh material, please take a look through the last 6 years of seminars to ensure you’re proposal is unique.
- Know the expectations of the Cocktail Apprentice Team and don’t skimp on the service and execution section of the form! Cocktail Apprentice Program Support Overview
- For a full overview of what it takes to lead a successful seminar from start to finish read the Critical Path to a Successful Seminar
- Have a question? Don’t wait until it’s too late-email: Submissions@TalesoftheCocktail.org
Important Submission Notes
- Remember that your cocktail and tasting submissions count! The execution is a major part of the selection process.
- The application is your first impression to the Judging Committees. Be mindful that they may not all know you nor your work.
- All Judging Committee members are volunteers.
- Give yourself time to submit “on time” as there are no extra points for submitting first, take as much time as you can to conceptualize your seminar.
- Everything counts, yes, even spelling! There are, however, no “wrong” answers or specific “types” of ideas we are looking for. Honest, natural answers will go much further than ones fabricated or skewed to what you may think either Committee is looking for.
- Set aside an uninterrupted hour to review the application. You do not want to do this on the fly!
If you have an idea which is a Tasting Room or discussion of a specific product, a Spirited Dining + Drinking, or Beyond the Bar Activation, or other events, please do not use this form. Please email Partners@TalesoftheCocktail.org if you have more questions about hosting other events.
Have an idea to present to the global drinks industry?
Submit your seminar proposal to the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation’s Education Committee!
Seminar Submission Deadlines
November 2, 2019
December 9 - December 18, 2019
January 20 - January 29, 2020
February 19, 2020
May 1, 2020
May 11, 2020
June 15, 2020