2020 Applications Will Open in April!
Interested in our Volunteer Program?
Year after year, bartenders have been lending their talents in exchange for valuable experience as part of the Cocktail Apprentice Program. Now we’re looking for industry members and enthusiasts to volunteer their time and talents to assist the front of house. As part of the Volunteer Program, you will be on the front lines of the world’s premier cocktail festival, helping a wide range of Tales events run smoothly. In exchange for your participation, you will receive exclusive benefits such as complimentary tasting room access, networking opportunities, and a Tales of the Cocktail 2020 Volunteer t-shirt. Apply now and be a part of the team that brings Tales of the Cocktail to life!
Benefits of the Program
- A complimentary tasting room wristband grants you access to more than 100 Tasting Rooms. NOTE: Volunteers MUST work a minimum of 10 hours to gain access to the tasting room wristband
- Tales of the Cocktail Volunteer T-shirt
- Network with thousands of industry professionals and potential new employers
Requirements for Eligibility
- Must be 21+ by July 21st, 2020
- Must be ServSafe Alcohol Certified in the state of Louisiana by July 21st, 2020
- SafeServ, AKA Responsible Vendor Certification for the state of Louisiana can be obtained online
- If you are already certified in another state, you still need to take the Louisiana certification course
- If you are not certified in Louisiana, you will not be allowed to volunteer
- Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will pay for SafeServ certification for applicants accepted into the program
- Volunteers can receive their wristband upon checking in at the Volunteer room if preferred however, Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will ask you to commit to the shifts you sign up for.
- Failure to show up for your shift after early acceptance of wristband will result in cancellation of wristband access and removal from the Volunteer program.
- Wristbands will be available in the Volunteer check-in room at any time, however, you are not required to have your wristband on before your first shift. Tales of the Cocktail Foundation reserves the right to refuse early wristband acceptance to any Volunteers not in compliance with rules and eligibility.
Before you fill out your application, please review the descriptions below to see where you’d fit best!
Do you have experience in efficiently navigating through large crowds, diving to wipe up spills and assisting patrons when needed? This team requires you to verify wristbands, monitor the entrance and exits, assist with litter control and help with setup and breakdown if needed.
Offsite Special Events
This includes our Happy Hour and scanning into You’ll be the frontline of the Happiest Hour at Tales, which means guest management is a must, scanning tickets, monitoring the entrance and exits and litter control.
You’ll be responsible for scanning seminar wristbands and managing the lines at the door pre-seminar. Once the seminar is over, you’ll be responsible for clearing out the room with the seminar room team and flipping the layout for the next round of seminars. This is a fast-paced, high-energy position. May be required to push and pull hotel event furniture, dispose of seminar litter and lift bar trays overhead.