Virtual Cocktail Tour
Virtual New Orleans Cocktail Tour
Self-Guided New Orleans Cocktail Tour
Join virtual hosts, Wayne Curtis and Jeff “Beachbum” Berry, as they tour the French Quarter– the birthplace of cocktails! Each stop is a fun-sized podcast, hosted by these legendary cocktail historians, filled with compelling facts and even more captivating cocktails. Curate this virtual walking tour by choosing your own route and length of stay at each establishment & enjoy some of the French Quarter’s most quintessential bars!
How to Use the Map
This intuitive map acts just like the navigation maps you are used to. Use screen gestures and trackpad gestures to manipulate the map just like you would when looking for a place to eat.
This map features:
- Google Map integration that holds the functionality you are used to
- Zoom (in and out)
- Hand gestures
- Two-finger drag
- Pinch to zoom
- Hand gestures
- Toggling between locations on the bar carousel (web-based only)
- Clickable icons
How it Works
Similar to a museum audio tour, the Virtual New Orleans Cocktail Tour explores 10 iconic French Quarter bars. The tour allows listeners to pause and resume the audio at any time to accommodate schedules (or attention spans). Whether from the comforts of home or while leisurely strolling the historic French Quarter; this simple interactive tour is brimming with easy-to-access New Orleans cocktail knowledge.
Here are our tips for enjoying the tour:
- Open the map by one of the links on this page
- Choose to donate to Tales of the Cocktail Foundation via the pop-up window or decide to donate at the end of your tour by selecting the donate button in the bottom right-hand corner of the map
- Select your first stop from the carousel bar at the bottom of the page (web browsers only) or by selecting the cocktail icon on the map
- Visit the featured bar’s website
- Click the address to open maps for directions
- Read the brief description of the cocktail, written by Wayne Curtis
- Listen to the audio short by our virtual tour guides, Jeff Barry and Wayne Curtis
- Exit the window and repeat
10 Iconic Drinks – A French Quarter Tour with
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry and Wayne Curtis
We’ll let Jeff and Wayne introduce themselves…
Wayne Curtis is the author of “And a Bottle of Rum: A History of the New World in Ten Cocktails,” first published in 2006 and updated in 2018. He writes frequently about cocktails, spirits, travel, and history for many publications, and was the spirits and cocktails columnist for The Atlantic magazine for eight years. He is currently a drinks columnist with Imbibe and Garden & Gun and has contributed to many publications, including The New York Times, The Daily Beast, Wall Street Journal, American Scholar, American Archeology, and Wired.
Jeff “Beachbum” Berry
One of Imbibe magazine’s “25 Most Influential Cocktail Personalities of the Past Century,” Jeff “Beachbum” Berry is the author of seven books and an iPhone app about vintage tropical drinks. Jeff’s restaurant in New Orleans, Beachbum Berry’s Latitude 29, has won worldwide critical acclaim.
Donating to the Foundation
As a local, national and international non-profit organization, the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation (TOTCF) platform seeks to act as a catalyst to Educate, Advance and Support the communities we touch.
Donating to the Foundation allows you to contribute to our mission. Your gracious donation is directly invested into the TOTCF’s complementary educational programming and the maintenance of resources like the Virtual New Orleans Cocktail Tour.
Donations are not required to take the tour but a gift of as little as the price of a cocktail ($5-$15) allows us to further our mission. Thank you for considering partnering with us to provide complimentary education for the global drinks industry.