- Shannon Mustipher, Pioneer Award Winner, Author and Founder of Women Who Tiki
- Robin Nance, Pioneer Award Winner, Portfolio Trade Engagement Manager Beam Suntory
- Carmen Alicia Villarreal Trevino, Pioneer Award Winner, Owner and CEO Casa San Matías
- Joy Spence, Ruth Fertel Pioneer Award Winner, Master Blender Appleton Estate® Jamaica Rum
- Audrey Saunders, Ruth Fertel Pioneer Award Winner
- Melanie Asher, Ruth Fertel Pioneer Award Winner, Distiller and Master Blender Macchu Pisco
- Lisa Laird Dunn, Ruth Fertel Pioneer Award Winner, Chief Operating Officer and Global Ambassador Laird & Company
- Julie Reiner, Ruth Fertel Pioneer Award Winner
- Charlotte Voisey, Ruth Fertel Pioneer Award Winner, Portfolio Ambassador William Grant & Sons
- Anu Apte, Owner Rob Roy, Co-owner Canoe Ventures LLC: Navy Strength, No Anchor, Vinnie’s Wine Shop, The Bar Bazaar, Tradewinds Tavern
- Kate Gerwin, World Champion/Global Brand Ambassador Lucas Bols
- Claire Warner, Co-founder Æcorn Aperitifs
- Pamela Wiznitzer, Creative Director Seamstress, New York
- Elayne Duff, Head Mixologist Diageo Wine & Spirits
- Francine Cohen, Founder and Editor-in-Chief Inside F&B
- Ivy Mix, Author of Spirits of Latin America, Co-Owner of Leyenda, NYC Co-Founder of Speed Rack
- Hollis Bulleit, Global Ambassador for Bulleit Bourbon The First Lady of Bourbon
- Bridget Albert, SGWS Sr. National Director of Education Beam Suntory, Author of Market-Fresh Mixology, Served Up The Podcast host
- Gina Chersevani, Mixtress and Partner, Hanks Oyster Bar and the Eddy on Capitol Hill and at Buffalo and Bergen Soda Bar
- Meaghan Dorman, Head Bartender The Raines Law Room
- Eryn Reece, Bartender Mayahuel and Death & Company
- Lynn House, National Brand Educator Heaven Hill Brands
- Alba Huerta, Owner Julep
- Misty Kalkofen, East Coast Juez Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal
- Lynnette Marrero, Co-Founder SpeedRack, Mixologist Llama Inn
- Laura Cullen, Founder of Liberty Consulting
- Cris Delhavi, Head Bartender at M Restaurant and Bar & Cocktail Apprentice Manager
- Lauren Mote, Co-Owner Bittered Sling (Canada) and DIAGEO Global Cocktailian (Netherlands)
- Angie Fetherston, CEO of Drink Company, Washington DC
- Kitty Amann, Consultant Eat. Drink. Move, Boston
- Sharon Bronstein, Vice President of Marketing with The 86 Company, New York City
- Katy Casbarian, Co-proprietor of Arnaud’s Restaurant, French 75 Bar and Remoulade Restaurant, New Orleans
- Dorothy Elizabeth, Bartender at Standby, Detroit
- ms. franky marshall, Modern Bartender/Educator
- Brooke Arthur, Partner & Vice President, Global Education and Advocacy, House Spirits Distillery
- Paige Aubort, Founder of Coleman’s Academy
- Monica Berg, Founder, P(our) Foundation
- Abigail Gullo, Bar Director, The State Hotel
- Ezra Star, DRINK Director
- Carina Soto Velasquez, Partner at Quixotics Projects
- Tiffanie Barriere, The Drinking Coach
- Tess Posthumus, Bartender and Owner of Flying Dutchmen Cocktails & Dutch Courage
2021 DAME HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES
U.S. Inductee: Lauren Paylor
Silver Lyan; Focus on Health
Born in the Bronx, “LP” ventured to Washington, D.C. in 2010 to attend nursing school. While attending school she met Derek Brown, the influential D.C. bartender, entrepreneur, and writer. Fascinated by his love for the restaurant industry, LP became an employee of Brown’s Drink Company. There, through intricate training, she established a thorough understanding of service, cocktails, spirits, and wine. As Lead Bartender, she assisted in the success of the establishments by providing staff members with guidance through education. She went on to become an F&B Manager for Kimpton Hotels and Restaurants in Washington, D.C. where she was introduced to the world of management. She also worked as the brand ambassador for Seedlip in the Washington, D.C. area. Lauren has competed in Diageo’s World Class US competition and placed in the top four in 2019. Additionally, she holds the title for the Hardy Cognac Legend Competition 2019 and the Cognac Connection Competition 2020.
Lauren is currently the co-founder and owner of Focus On Health, a company focused on health and wellness for food and beverage employees. She is a trainer with the Safe Bars organization, the social media coordinator for Speed Rack, a committee member for the RWCF Fund for Social Justice in Hospitality and a judge for the 2021 L.A. Spirit Awards & the 2021 TAG Global Spirit Award and most recently took on the role of R&D Production Chef at Silver Lyan in the Riggs DC Hotel. Paylor and her cocktails have been featured in publications such as Imbibe Magazine, Consumer Reports, NBC News, Wine Enthusiast, Williams Sonoma Blog, Washington Post, Essence, Southern Living, The Bitter Southerner, Cherry Bombe Drinks, Washington Post, Southwest Airlines Magazine, Thrillist, Eater, and Vine Pair. Lauren has been featured on Beverage Academy by Williams Sonoma and was recently inducted into Bar International – Bar World 100 Most Influential Figures (2021).
International Inductee: Sandrae Lawrence
The Cocktail Lovers
A former lifestyle journalist covering everything from fashion and beauty for The Daily Telegraph to restaurant and theatre reviews for Where London Magazine, Sandrae is one half of The Cocktail Lovers, the eponymous magazine, website, events, and consumer workshops company she runs with her husband Gary Sharpen. Noted for knowing who’s moving and shaking in the cocktail world, The Cocktail Lovers Magazine was voted Best Spirits & Cocktail Publications in the Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards 2016 and Sandrae was shortlisted for Best Cocktail and Spirits Writer at Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards in the same year. As born and bred Londoners Sandrae and Gary are proud to have been listed on the London Evening Standard The Progress 1000 – London’s Most Influential People in both 2015 and 2017. As well as publishing The Cocktail Lovers Magazine, their work, opinions, and recipes appear in The Daily Telegraph, London Evening Standard, Time Out, Christie’s International, Ocado, and Delicious magazines, and together and separately, they are regularly asked to judge cocktail competitions around the world. Sandrae is positioned at number 63 in the Bar World 100 list.
Dame Hall of Fame is a celebration of leaders who have made unique and lasting contributions to accessibility and intersectionality within the global hospitality industry. Established in 2012, it serves to acknowledge and encourage mentorship throughout the beverage and hospitality industries. Past Dames’ groundbreaking accomplishments have shaped the beverage landscape and provide visible models of achievement for tomorrow’s leaders.
Dedicated to making Dame Hall of Fame more inclusive to the LGBTQIA+ community and other marginalized groups within the global drinks industry, the Foundation and Ladies United for the Preservation of Endangered Cocktails (LUPEC) chose to move towards the use of the word individual as opposed to woman.
Dame Hall of Fame has always been and continues to be a platform for recognizing the achievements of industry members who haven’t been celebrated in traditional awards programs.
In 2020 and moving forward, the Dame Hall of Fame induction includes honoring the profound accomplishments of women, womxn, non-binary individuals, the trans community, and all who are working for the accessibility and intersectionality of the drinks industry.
To elevate the Pioneer Award further, TOTCF will also celebrate the honoree during the Spirited Award Ceremony in addition to the Dame Hall of Fame. In fitting with the framework of Spirited Awards, the written criteria for the Pioneer Award is available here.
2021 Dame Hall of Fame Virtual Induction Ceremony
The Dame Hall of Fame induction honors the profound accomplishments of women, womxn, non-binary individuals, the trans community, and all who are working for the accessibility and intersectionality of the drinks industry.
Join us in welcoming one U.S. Inductee and one International Inductee into the Dame Hall of Fame on Thursday, September 23 | 3:30 PM CST virtually only at Tales of the Cocktail® 2021.
2021 Inductees announced September 6, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Intersectionality?
Who should I nominate for Dame Hall of Fame?
How are Dame Hall of Fame Inductees selected?
Have the recent changes to the eligibility criteria changed the mission of Dame Hall of Fame?
Dame Hall of Fame Inductees
Dame Hall of Fame Inductees by Year