Final release of TOTC 2022 ticket sales and conference agenda are now available via the TOTCF website, June 9 at 10 AM CT
NEW ORLEANS, LA (June 9, 2022) — Tales of the Cocktail Foundation (TOTCF) is pleased to announce the final release of the 2022 Tales of the Cocktail® (TOTC) tickets and conference agenda, which are now available via the Foundation’s website. Commemorating its 20-year anniversary, TOTC will return for an in-person celebration in New Orleans from July 25-29, 2022, and to toast this momentous occasion, TOTC is presenting a curated lineup of seminars, events, and, of course, festivities all in the name of “progress” — the conference’s official 2022 theme.
In addition to TOTC’s signature educational initiatives, including more than 70 unique sessions, seminars, and panels, Beyond the Bar activations, the Career Fair, Day of Service, Meet the Distillers, an all-new New Orleans Cocktail Tour series, the annual Spirited Awards®, and more, TOTC is also offering access to city-wide Dining and Drinking events, the Spirited Awards Ceremony and Viewing Party, and the Dame Hall of Fame Induction Luncheon.
TOTC will offer a mix of in-person programming at the official host hotel, The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, plus digital programming via the virtual TOTCF platform, allowing guests from near and far to enjoy the conference’s programming.
Marquee Programming: Dame Hall of Fame, Brand Hosted Parties, Dining & Drinking Events, and Spirited Awards.
- Canvas Project: Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will be reviving The Canvas Project sponsored by Bombay Sapphire to highlight bartenders’ creative passions. Salon d’Whatever, a New Orleans-based, pop-up art salon will gather 11 local hospitality professionals to showcase their art within The Ritz-Carlton for the week of Tales. The art opening will be hosted on Monday, July 25 from 6-8pm featuring Bombay Sapphire cocktails. All featured artists will be present and their work will be available for purchase.
- Dining and Drinking Events: City-wide dining and drinking events showcase the best of New Orleans’ bars and restaurants on a global stage. Local venues host a variety of collaborative happenings with mid-day Happy Hours and late-night Last Call nightcaps with your favorite spirit. Guest Shifts pair New Orleans talent with visiting bartenders for once-in-a-lifetime collaborations, and Spirited Dinners allow attendees to experience the flavors of New Orleans alongside spirits flights or cocktail pairings for the ultimate dining experience. TOTCF is actively rolling out many dining and drinking events via the ticketing platform, and guests are invited to secure their spot to enjoy these local celebrations of the best of f&b. A selection of dining and drinking events follow.
- ASTRALogy Rooftop Pool Party Happy Hour at The Ace Hotel by Astral Tequila, Tuesday, July 26, 4pm, Alto Rooftop Bar at the Ace Hotel, 600 Carondelet St.
- Follow the White Rabbit: A Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Dinner at Compere Lapin presented by Rabbit Hole, Wednesday, July 27, 5:30pm
- Hard Truth x Monkey Board Brunch & Cocktail Competition, July 28th, 12pm at Monkey Board, 1111 Gravier St.
- Tales of the Piña hosted by Kevin Diedrich & Shannon Mustipher featuring Hotaling & Co.’s Spirits at Vals, Wednesday, July 27, 7pm
- “TALESGATING” at the Alibi, presented by FILTHY®, Sunday, July 24, 2pm and daily Monday-Friday 9-11am
- Dame Hall of Fame (DHOF): The tenth annual DHOF induction ceremony will be held on Friday, July 29 from 11am-1pm on the Mercier Terrace at the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans. Dame Hall of Fame is a celebration of leaders who have made unique and lasting contributions to accessibility and intersectionality within the global hospitality industry. DHOF Induction Ceremony and Luncheon tickets are now available for purchase for $65/guest and include access to the celebration, lunch, and beverages, including a curated cocktail menu.
- Invitation-Only Events: A host of branded events and parties have been added to the official TOTC schedule. Access is determined by each host, so guests are invited to continue checking the TOTC agenda for updates and RSVP links. A selection of events are as follows:
- American Whiskey at the Peacock presented by Jefferson’s, Rabbit Hole, TX, and Smooth Ambler, Monday & Tuesday, July 25-26, 11am-6pm
- Bacardí “Big Easy” Portfolio Party at The Sugar Mill, Wednesday, July 27, 8pm-11pm
- Bacardí Inaugural Drag Ball at Oz, Monday, July 25, 10pm
- Diageo Family Reunion at the Contemporary Arts Center, Thursday, July 28, 9pm
- Ford’s Gin 10th Anniversary Party at The Civic Theatre, 510 O’Keefe Ave, Tuesday, July 26, 7pm
- Getting the Band Back Together presented by Pernod Ricard at Latrobe’s, Monday July 25, 7pm-11pm
- Jack Daniels Bottled-in-Bond Tennessee Whiskey Experience, Dryades Ballroom New Orleans, 317 Baronne St, Tuesday, July 26, All Day
- Jägermeister Behind the Shot Live, One Eyed Jacks, July 25, 11pm
- Mix at Tales with Q Mixers at the NOPSI Hotel, daily July 25-29, 11am-4pm
- Old Forester Family Reunion at B’macs 819 St. Louis St, Friday July 29, All Day.
- The Chartreuse Experience- Introducing Chartreuse Vegetal de la Grande-Chartreuse at the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, 514 Chartres St, Wednesday July 27, 2pm
- The Dead Rabbit x Bushmills pop-up at Kingfish, 337 Chartres St, Friday, July 29, All Day
- World Whisky Experience at the Sazerac House, Friday July 29, 12:30pm
- Spirited Awards: The 16th annual Spirited Awards Ceremony, taking place in partnership with Forbes, will celebrate a full slate of winners including U.S. and International recipients for Timeless Award, Best New Cocktail Bar, Best Restaurant Bar, Bartender of the Year; and global categories including World’s Best Bar, the five awards within the Writing and Media categories, the Helen David Lifetime Achievement Award, Pioneer Award, and more. The awards ceremony will take place at the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans on Thursday, July 28 at 5pm. Tickets are now live for the Spirited Awards Ceremony and Official Viewing Party:
- Spirited Awards Viewing Party
- Walk the Spirited Awards Red Carpet and enjoy this one-of-a-kind experience to watch the 16th Annual Spirited Awards Ceremony “back-stage”, while the 2022 Finalists become winners in the Grand Ballroom.
- Enjoy passed plates and beverages, including three brand-hosted Bars: Swift Bar featuring Grey Goose, Haku Vodka Yatai, and William Grant & Sons and friends.
- $85.00/guest, including passed dishes and access to the four Spirited Awards Ceremony bars.
- Spirited Awards Viewing Party
Tales of the Cocktail Career Fair
Please note an update regarding the Tales of the Cocktail Career Fair: Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is partnering with TKT Associates to host the 2022 in-person Career Fair. The complimentary event will take place from 1pm-5pm at the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans on Monday, July 25. Participants will have access to resume and professional development sessions, employer booths, and complimentary headshot sessions. For those interested in sharing job opportunities, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Educational Seminars, Panels, Q&A Sessions, and More
Tales of the Cocktail will feature more than 65 educational sessions, including seminars, roundtable discussions, and more across Tales’ three education streams (Business, Culture, and Beyond the Bar), featuring over 250 industry leaders. The Tales of the Cocktail Education Advisory Committee has spent six months curating an all-star lineup of beverage industry education, including 54 in-person seminars which will be presented at the Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, including eight Beyond the Bar Workshops, complimentary for all attendees, and 46 in-person panels, technique classes, exclusive tastings, and 101 sessions. An additional 12 seminars will be pre-recorded and presented on the Foundation’s Whova platform during TOTC 2022.
Highlights from this year’s slate include:
- As Seen on IG: How to Build a Business in the Digital Marketplace by Selena Donovan
- Big Little Brands: Corporate Learnings for Small Businesses by Lauren Mote
- Measuring Change: How Utilizing Assessments Can Improve Personnel Well-Being in your Organization by Laura Louise Green
- Trade Marketing for Bartenders and Brands by Lindsey Johnson
- Virtual is a Vibe by Tiffanie Barriere
- Across the Pacific and Back Again: The Evolution of the Japanese Cocktail Bar by Emma Janzen
- De-Stress on Tap: Creating Calming Cocktails Using Herbal Ingredients from CBD to Lemon Balm by Derek Brown
- Mexican Spirits: Agave is just the tip of the penca! by Cesar Sandoval
- Nixology: Understanding The (Best?) Worst Drinks Ever by David Wondrich and Jeff Barry
- (Re)introducing Vermouth: More than a Modifier! by Claire Sprouse
- You Don’t Know Dick: The Creative and Operational Genius of Dick Bradsell by Anistasia Miller and Jared Brown
Beyond the Bar
- Approaching DEI with Authenticity by Kamilah Mahon
- How To Build A Cocktail Champion: Equipping Yourself Through Community by Michael Holiday
- Indigenous Intent and Identity in Cocktail Creation by Chockie Tom and Charlotte Big Canoe
- Safe Bars: Crafting a New Culture of Safety and Respect by Amie Ward and Zack Sanders
- “The Customer is Always Right” is Wrong!: Understanding How to Identify and Address Manipulation and Exploitation by Jessica Pomerantz
- The Miseducation of Appreciation: Relearning How to Celebrate, Share, and Grow by Chris Cabrera
Tales is proud to partner with conference sponsors to bring a premier festival experience to New Orleans and beyond. TOTCF is pleased to present the Tales of the Cocktail 2022 Official Partners: Official Mixer: Q Mixers, Official Glassware: Libbey Glass, Official Water: Perrier.
A Note on COVID
Please note that the health and safety of TOTC 2022 in-person attendees is our highest priority, and TOTCF will continue to monitor all CDC, state, and local guidelines leading up to the event. Tales of the Cocktail 2022 attendees must agree to abide by and engage in certain safe and healthy conduct while attending the event.
For the health and safety of our attendees:
- Upon arrival attendees will be obligated to show proof of COVID vaccine or a valid negative COVID-19 PCR test (within 72 hours) or negative Rapid test (within 24 hours) result. You may show the following as proof of vaccination at check-in: a photo or hard copy of your COVID-19 vaccine card, a CLEAR digital vaccine card, a CLEAR Health Pass, or another digital copy of your vaccination record showing at least two doses administered.
- All TOTCF staff in attendance will all be vaccinated.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged wherever possible.
The full schedule and talent line-up for Tales of the Cocktail 2022 is now available via talesofthecocktail.org. Pre-registration for Tales of the Cocktail 2022 will begin on July 6, allowing all attendees (both virtual and in-person) to access the Virtual Tales of the Cocktail Platform on Whova. Media may apply for press credentials here.
ABOUT TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION:
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is a non-profit organization that educates, advances and supports the global hospitality industry and creates lasting impact in our host communities. Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is the global leader in spirits education and a platform to tackle issues facing the industry. The pillars of the Foundation are to Educate, Advance and Support the hospitality industry through programs that benefit individuals and organizations in the community and to make a lasting impact in communities that host our events.
Gia Vecchio, email@example.com, 917.280.5043
Hunter Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org, 803.397.8878