Ingredients that Go Beyond Flavor and Taste
The most important thing in a cocktail is its taste, right? This may not be the case: outside of the realm of flavor, ingredients can offer different depths of perception, stir sub-conscious connections, and perform a whole host of other effects that we still don't have a full grasp of. In this seminar, Derek Elefson and Senior Flavorist John Baughman explore ingredients that create such sensations, like chilies and exotic spices. They are joined by Ryan Chetiyawardana and Iain Griffiths of the esteemed White Lyan & Dandelyan bars in London, who contribute in explaining ways bartenders can utilize sensational ingredients in their own drinks.
Thumbnail image on previous page: Iwan Gabovitch via Flickr
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.Enter the 2019 Marie Brizard ‘Toast to HerStory’ Cocktail Challenge by May 24th for a Chance to Win a Trip to Bordeaux, France!
- 4.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 5.Old Tom Gin: What It Is and How to Use It