Ingredients that Go Beyond Flavor and Taste
The most important thing in a cocktail is its taste, right? This may not be the case: outside of the realm of flavor, ingredients can offer different depths of perception, stir sub-conscious connections, and perform a whole host of other effects that we still don't have a full grasp of. In this seminar, Derek Elefson and Senior Flavorist John Baughman explore ingredients that create such sensations, like chilies and exotic spices. They are joined by Ryan Chetiyawardana and Iain Griffiths of the esteemed White Lyan & Dandelyan bars in London, who contribute in explaining ways bartenders can utilize sensational ingredients in their own drinks.
Thumbnail image on previous page: Iwan Gabovitch via Flickr
- 1.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION OPENS NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 SPIRITED AWARDS®
- 2.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES DATES FOR TALES ON TOUR 2020
- 3.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION SUPPORTS RELIEF EFFORTS AND RETURNS TO PUERTO RICO IN 2020
- 4.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 2020 COCKTAIL APPRENTICE PROGRAM® (CAP) BAR® 5-DAY PROGRAM SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- 5.8 Easy Tips for Carving Block Ice