Women Behind Bars: Barmaid to Bartender
Since the beginning of bartending history throughout the world, women have been making drinks alongside men. In fact, it was originally a profession reserved for women in 17th century England. But American history changed the tide, forcing women out of the bar for generations. Now women have resumed their rightful place of equal power behind the bar. Two of the foremost women in the industry, Julie Reiner, owner of Brooklyn’s Clover Club and Pamela Wiznitzer of Manhattan’s Seamstress join cocktail historian Dave Wondrich for a closer look at the story of women behind the bar.
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.Enter the 2019 Marie Brizard ‘Toast to HerStory’ Cocktail Challenge by May 24th for a Chance to Win a Trip to Bordeaux, France!
- 4.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 5.Old Tom Gin: What It Is and How to Use It