Women Behind Bars: Barmaid to Bartender
Since the beginning of bartending history throughout the world, women have been making drinks alongside men. In fact, it was originally a profession reserved for women in 17th century England. But American history changed the tide, forcing women out of the bar for generations. Now women have resumed their rightful place of equal power behind the bar. Two of the foremost women in the industry, Julie Reiner, owner of Brooklyn’s Clover Club and Pamela Wiznitzer of Manhattan’s Seamstress join cocktail historian Dave Wondrich for a closer look at the story of women behind the bar.
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION OPENS NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 SPIRITED AWARDS®
- 4.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION SUPPORTS RELIEF EFFORTS AND RETURNS TO PUERTO RICO IN 2020
- 5.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail