New Orleans: The Cradle of Civilized Drinking
Among all the cities in the United States that hold an international reputation, New Orleans stands out as an epicenter of unique eating and drinking traditions. Whether or not you believe the legend that the cocktail was invented in the Crescent City, it is undeniable that the city has given birth to numerous classic drinks - such as the Sazerac, the Ramos Gin Fizz, and the Milk Punch - and spirits - Herbsaint, Ojen, and Peychaud's bitters are among the most well-known. Not only that, the city hosts a staggering amount of bars known for their historic significance or national esteem. From Tujague's to the French 75, and everything in between, New Orleans has something for almost everyone. Join Phil Greene ( a descendant of the creator of Peychaud’s Bitters, a former Orleanian, a co-founder of the Museum of the American Cocktail, and author of two best-selling cocktail books), Chris Hannah, and Chris McMillian as they journey through the colorful history of New Orleans's cocktail culture. This seminar will reveal hidden truths behind popular legends, and will share some of the most-beloved recipes born in the Crescent City, making it a must-see for anyone with an interest in history, cocktails, New Orleans, or a combination of the three.
- 1.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION OPENS NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2020 SPIRITED AWARDS®
- 2.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES DATES FOR TALES ON TOUR 2020
- 3.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION SUPPORTS RELIEF EFFORTS AND RETURNS TO PUERTO RICO IN 2020
- 4.REGIONAL TOP 10 HONOREES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 5.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® WINNERS