Media Credential Applications for Tales of the Cocktail - New Orleans will be live from now until June 24th, 2018.
Media Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis now through June 24th.
The deadline for applying is June 24th, 2018.
Have you been approved media for our events in the past? If you have been for 3 consecutive years then please fill out our Veteran Media Application HERE.
What does this mean for me?
Applications will be reviewed bi-weekly so you get quicker response! We highly recommend applying as soon as you get an assignment. There are a limited number of credentials available.
What does a media credential get me?
- Access to the standby line for Educational Seminars (Excluding Exclusive Tasting Seminars)
- Daily access to the Media and Presenter Hospitality Lounge
- Unlimited access to all tasting rooms and daily events (credential wristband required)
- Invitations to select By Invitation Only night events (Pre-RSVP required!)
- Media discount on key events
- Preferred access to presenters and attendees you would like to interview and our assistance in contacting them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply?
- All working media are eligible. It is recommended that you have a confirmed assignment.
Can I fill out one application for my whole team?
- Unfortunately no. Each member of your team will need to fill our their own application to answer all necessary questions.
Do you really check my work examples and references?
- Yes! As much as we would like to take all applicants, we have a limited number of credentials available. The review is greatly weighted on the content and thoroughness of the application.
Does it matter when I submit the application?
- While the applications are rolling, we recommend getting in your application as soon as you have an assignment. You can certainly wait until the deadline, but there will be a smaller pool of credentials available.
How will everyone know I am media?
- Media will have a distinguished color wristband at Tales of the Cocktail. As selected Media, you will be given a credential wristband. Please wear your credential wristband at all times as this will identify you for access to the standby line. Your wristband will give you access to all tasting rooms as well as serving as your media credential throughout the week. There will be a wristband replacement fee of $150 if you cut off or lose you wristband and need a new one.
Where do I pick up my media credential?
- Media credential wristbands and event tickets are available for pick up at Tales of the Cocktail® 2018 Credentialed Registration located in the Royal Salon in the Hotel Monteleone. Credentialed Registration will be open from Tuesday, July 17th through Saturday, July 21st from 9 AM to 6 PM.
Can I attend any seminar I’d like?
- Media will be invited to use the standby line for traditional seminars. Exclusive Seminars are not included in the seminar selection availability. Due to fire regulations we cannot allow “standing room” attendance at seminars. If there is a seminar you want guaranteed access to then we suggest purchasing a ticket to the event so you know there will be a space for you.
Do you all have a space we can work?
- Yes we have created a Media and Presenter Hospitality Lounge. This will be an outlet to give all the hard-working members of the media a dedicated place to get some work done or just relax for a bit. This intimate space is perfect for doing interviews, writing, editing photos or just taking a quick break to recharge your devices and yourself with some light snacks. Join us throughout the week so you can keep up the good work all Tales long. Location at the Hotel Monteleone coming soon!
As media do I have access to the Tasting Rooms & Brand Education events?
- Yes! In the tasting rooms, you get the opportunity to meet brands one on one, and learn more about products. Guests will be able to talk with experts from companies, learn about the history of the products, and sample products, some of which are not available in the United States. All Tasting Room and Brand Education sessions are complimentary to media and presenters with your credential wristband. Some Brand Education sessions require a free RSVP.
Please feel free to contact Tales with any additional questions at:
Courtney Schultz | email@example.com | 504-948-0511