Tales of the Cocktail® 2019
July 16th - 21st, 2019
Royal Sonesta New Orleans
This summer the worldwide cocktail community will descend on New Orleans once again as Tales of the Cocktail returns for its 17th year. This annual gathering that’s equal parts cocktail conference and family reunion will feature a spirited schedule of brand new seminars, tastings, competitions and networking events representing the latest our industry has to offer. Catch up with old friends, learn some new techniques and further your career at Tales of the Cocktail 2019.
ON SALE NOW: VIP Package, Spirited Awards, Educational Seminars, Brand Education, Tasting Rooms, New Orleans Cocktail Tour, Meet the Distillers Happy Hour, Spirited Dining & Spirited Drink, Special Events (Day and Night Parties - Invite Only)
PRE-REGISTER FOR TALES 2019
DOWNLOAD THE TALES APP NOW!
Preregister for Tales of the Cocktail 2019, build your schedule, search for personalities, venues, sponsors, and more!
Download the Tales App by searching "Tales of the Cocktail" anywhere you download apps and get TOTC2019 updates as they are announced!
Get 5-days of unlimited access to taste products from 50+ of your favorite brands throughout Tales 2019. Purchase your Á La Carte Tasting Room Wristband for access to:
SPIRITED DINING & SPIRITED DRINKING EVENTS
ON SALE NOW!
Explore the food & cocktail scene of New Orleans during Tales of the Cocktail 2019.
Every year brands curate dining and drinking events - pairing the culinary & cocktail history of the Crescent City with your favorite spirits.
Download the Tales of the Cocktail App or purchase tickets now by selecting Spirited Dining & Drinking.
Submissions for 2019 CLOSED
Submission Period was October 1st to December 1, 2018
Don't have a topic for a seminar, but want your company to sponsor an educational seminar?
Every year we welcome a group of talented interns to join the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation team. But this isn’t your fetching-coffee kind of internship. Our interns play a crucial role in bringing Tales of the Cocktail to life. In return they get the experience needed to conquer the hospitality business with major spirits brands, restaurant groups, hotels and more.
The Cocktail Apprentice Program is an exclusive mentorship program for up-and-coming bartenders to learn alongside some of the biggest names in the business during the five days of Tales of the Cocktail. Since 2008, more than 350 apprentices have gained extensive experience working and managing large-scale, high-volume events while providing an invaluable service to Tales of the Cocktail and the industry as a whole. Tales of the Cocktail continues to support the growing fraternity of past apprentices by offering exclusive opportunities for scholarships and financial aid to further support their growth within the industry.
Questions about the Cocktail Apprentice Program? Email email@example.com
Our generous sponsors are what make Tales of the Cocktail possible. But it’s not just about what they help us achieve every year. As an event host, you will connect directly with bartenders and spirits professionals from around the world, offering them exclusive opportunities to experience your brand and products. We offer a wide range of programming to allow for brands both large and small to be a part of Tales of the Cocktail.
*2019 APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*
For years bartenders have been lending their talents in exchange for valuable experience as part of the Cocktail Apprentice Program®. Now we’re looking for industry members to volunteer their time and talents to assist the front of the house. As part of the Tales of the Cocktail Volunteer Program you will be on the front lines helping a wide range of Tales events run smoothly. In exchange for your time and talents you will receive exclusive benefits like complimentary events, special rates, networking opportunities and more. Join the Volunteer Program and be a part of the team that brings Tales of the Cocktail to life.
Join the Tales of the Cocktail 2019 - Official Group
This is the official Facebook group for Tales of the Cocktail 2019. Get up-to-date information pertaining to the festival, meet other attendees, ask questions for first-timers & more!
When is Tales of the Cocktail®?
Tales of the Cocktail will be hosted July 16-21, 2019 in New Orleans, LA
What is Tales of the Cocktail?
What is the Tales of the Cocktail 2019 Theme?
Who Attends Tales of the Cocktail?
While many of our bar guests are welcome attendees, Tales of the Cocktail primarily focuses its education on all levels of the bartending trade. At Tales 2018, 54% of our attendees were returning guests while it was 46% of our attendee’s first time attending.
What is the cost to attend Tales of the Cocktail?
How does Tales of the Cocktail Foundation handle rogue events?To protect the integrity of Tales of the Cocktail, the experience for attendees, and the ability for Tales of the Cocktail Foundation (TOTCF) to deliver on our mission to support and advance the hospitality industry, “rogue events” are strictly forbidden.
Rogue events jeopardize Tales of the Cocktail in several ways. They undermine the value of properly organized sanctioned events. These events, including seminars and tasting rooms, are the reason our industry has come together in New Orleans en masse for sixteen years. They are hosted by brands and sponsors who invest in programming and receive additional value via their relationship with TOTCF. It is these sponsorships that allow for a business model which enables TOTCF to invest in the future of the industry through grantmaking programs. There is no need for an event to go “rogue”, and, when one does, our relationship with the Louisiana ATC is put at risk. Their support is critical to the success of Tales of the Cocktail.
The Leadership team at TOTCF and our Executive Director, Caroline Rosen, will make all efforts to work with brands, large and small, to properly vet and organize events, ensure compliance with ATC regulations, provide support if desired through listing on the TOTCF official schedule, and ensure their hosts are recognized for their meaningful contributions to funding our grant making programs and commitment to the importance of Tales of the Cocktail. Their contact information is as follows: Partners@TalesoftheCocktail.
- Maggie Campbell, President and Head Distiller at Privateer Rum, Ipswich, MA
- Walton Goldring, Goldring Family Foundation and Facing Addiction with NCADD Board, New Orleans, LA
- Laura L. Green, M.Ed., Midwest Regional Spirits Specialist for The Winebow Group, Chicago, IL
- Lynn House, National Brand Educator, Heaven Hill Brands, Chicago, IL (*Committee Co-chair)
- Robin Nance, Portfolio Trade Engagement & Trade Media Manager at Beam Suntory, Chicago, IL
- Stephanie Simbo, Founder and Executive Director at Beyond Bars Akademia, Cape Town, SA
- Jackie Summers, Founder, Jack From Brooklyn, Brooklyn NY (*Committee Co-chair)
- Claire Warner, Managing Director, Æcorn Apéritifs, London
- Wayne Curtis, Freelance Spirits Journalist, New Orleans, LA
- Alex Day, Chief of Operations for the Gin & Luck Company (Death & Co and Proprietors LLC), New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, and Denver, CO
- Misty Kalkofen, Madrina for Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal, Boston, MA, and Oaxaca (*Committee chair)
- Lauren Mote, Diageo Reserve & World Class Global Cocktailian, Co-Proprietor Bittered Sling, Vancouver, BC
- Benjamin Padrón Novoa, Co-Founder of Licoreria Limantour, Mexico City
- Nicola Riske, European Brand Ambassador - The Macallan, Madrid, Spain
- Noah Rothbaum, The Daily Beast’s Half Full Editor and co-host of podcast Life Behind Bars, New York, NY (*Committee chair)
- Rebecca Sturt, Head of Business Development, Middle East, Asia and Africa for Chase Distillery and owner of Pineapple Consultancy, Dubai
- Laura Cullen, Vice President On Premise Coastal Pacific Wine & Spirits, Miami Beach, FL
- Sean Finter, founder and CEO of Barmetrix, Annapolis, MD
- John Gakuru, Director of Sales & Marketing at Sweet&Chilli, Los Angeles, CA
- Ann Marshall, Co-Founder at High Wire Distilling Company, Charleston, SC (*Committee chair)
- ms. franky marshall, Modern Bartender ~ Educator, New York, NY
- Iain McPherson, Bar owner & Consultant, Edinburgh, Scotland and Los Angeles, CA (*Committee chair)
- Micaela Piccolo, JERRY Editor, Shanghai, China
- Tess Posthumus, bar owner & bartender at Flying Dutchmen Cocktails, the Netherlands, Amsterdam
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is pleased to offer all Tales of the Cocktail attendees discounted transportation to and/or from the Louis Armstrong International Airport from New Orleans Airport Shuttle.
Roundtrip - $40 per person
One Way - $20 per person
- All reservations must be booked online at least 24 hours prior to your flight arrival time
- This discount only applies to reservations made through this web portal — if not the discount doesn’t apply.
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is pleased to announce Royal Sonesta New Orleans as its host hotel for this year’s Tales of the Cocktail, taking place in New Orleans from July 16-21, 2019. This will mark the 17th year for Tales of the Cocktail, an annual event that has evolved from a walking tour of historic New Orleans cocktail bars into the world’s premier cocktail festival. 2019 is also a showcase year for Royal Sonesta New Orleans, celebrating 50 years of serving New Orleans and bringing a touch of luxury to Bourbon Street.
While Royal Sonesta New Orleans has previously served as home to select Tales of the Cocktail seminars and events, this partnership will bring all of the 2019 Seminars, Tasting Rooms, and Pool Tastings to the iconic French Quarter venue. Registration will also be held within Royal Sonesta New Orleans, to ensure a seamless experience for all attendees.
Guests can also book by calling the reservations line at 1-855-463-3092. They should reference Group Code 0712TOTCAT, or Group Name Tales of the Cocktail 2019 Attendee Block.
In addition to the Royal Sonesta, we're also partnering with the following New Orleans hotels:
600 Carondelet Street
New Orleans, LA 70130