Tales of the Cocktail® 2020
July 21st - 26th, 2020
Royal Sonesta New Orleans
This summer the worldwide cocktail community will descend on New Orleans once again as Tales of the Cocktail returns for its 18th year. This annual gathering that’s equal parts cocktail conference and family reunion will feature a spirited schedule of brand new seminars, tastings, competitions and networking events representing the latest our industry has to offer. Catch up with old friends, learn some new techniques and further your career at Tales of the Cocktail 2020.
Get 5-days of unlimited access to taste products from 50+ of your favorite brands throughout Tales 2020. Purchase your Á La Carte Tasting Room Wristband for access to:
SPIRITED DINING & SPIRITED DRINKING EVENTS
Explore the food & cocktail scene of New Orleans during Tales of the Cocktail 2020.
Every year brands curate dining and drinking events - pairing the culinary & cocktail history of the Crescent City with your favorite spirits.
When is Tales of the Cocktail®?
Tales of the Cocktail will be hosted July 21-26, 2020 in New Orleans, LA
What is Tales of the Cocktail?
What is the Tales of the Cocktail 2020 Theme?
CATALYST is the spark of change. In 2020, Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will celebrate how growth is fostered within the drinks industry -- from craft to people. CATALYST communicates the Foundation's desire to facilitate innovation and transformation by providing a platform to collaborate and influence the drinks industry collectively.
Who Attends Tales of the Cocktail?
While many of our bar guests are welcome attendees, Tales of the Cocktail primarily focuses its education on all levels of the bartending trade. At Tales 2018, 54% of our attendees were returning guests while it was 46% of our attendee’s first time attending.
What is the cost to attend Tales of the Cocktail?
How does Tales of the Cocktail Foundation handle rogue events?To protect the integrity of Tales of the Cocktail, the experience for attendees, and the ability for Tales of the Cocktail Foundation (TOTCF) to deliver on our mission to support and advance the hospitality industry, “rogue events” are strictly forbidden.
Rogue events jeopardize Tales of the Cocktail in several ways. They undermine the value of properly organized sanctioned events. These events, including seminars and tasting rooms, are the reason our industry has come together in New Orleans en masse for sixteen years. They are hosted by brands and sponsors who invest in programming and receive additional value via their relationship with TOTCF. It is these sponsorships that allow for a business model which enables TOTCF to invest in the future of the industry through grantmaking programs. There is no need for an event to go “rogue”, and, when one does, our relationship with the Louisiana ATC is put at risk. Their support is critical to the success of Tales of the Cocktail.
The Leadership team at TOTCF and our Executive Director, Caroline Rosen, will make all efforts to work with brands, large and small, to properly vet and organize events, ensure compliance with ATC regulations, provide support if desired through listing on the TOTCF official schedule, and ensure their hosts are recognized for their meaningful contributions to funding our grant making programs and commitment to the importance of Tales of the Cocktail. Their contact information is as follows: Partners@TalesoftheCocktail.
- Maggie Campbell, President and Head Distiller at Privateer Rum, Ipswich, MA
- Walton Goldring, Goldring Family Foundation and Facing Addiction with NCADD Board, New Orleans, LA
- Laura L. Green, M.Ed., Midwest Regional Spirits Specialist for The Winebow Group, Chicago, IL
- Lynn House, National Brand Educator, Heaven Hill Brands, Chicago, IL (*Committee Co-chair)
- Robin Nance, Portfolio Trade Engagement & Trade Media Manager at Beam Suntory, Chicago, IL
- Stephanie Simbo, Founder and Executive Director at Beyond Bars Akademia, Cape Town, SA
- Jackie Summers, Founder, Jack From Brooklyn, Brooklyn NY (*Committee Co-chair)
- Claire Warner, Managing Director, Æcorn Apéritifs, London
- Wayne Curtis, Freelance Spirits Journalist, New Orleans, LA
- Alex Day, Chief of Operations for the Gin & Luck Company (Death & Co and Proprietors LLC), New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, and Denver, CO
- Misty Kalkofen, Madrina for Del Maguey Single Village Mezcal, Boston, MA, and Oaxaca (*Committee chair)
- Lauren Mote, Diageo Reserve & World Class Global Cocktailian, Co-Proprietor Bittered Sling, Vancouver, BC
- Benjamin Padrón Novoa, Co-Founder of Licoreria Limantour, Mexico City
- Nicola Riske, European Brand Ambassador - The Macallan, Madrid, Spain
- Noah Rothbaum, The Daily Beast’s Half Full Editor and co-host of podcast Life Behind Bars, New York, NY (*Committee chair)
- Rebecca Sturt, Head of Business Development, Middle East, Asia and Africa for Chase Distillery and owner of Pineapple Consultancy, Dubai
- Laura Cullen, Vice President On Premise Coastal Pacific Wine & Spirits, Miami Beach, FL
- Sean Finter, founder and CEO of Barmetrix, Annapolis, MD
- Lynnette Marerro, Award winning Mixologist, Co-Founder Speed Rack, Beverage Director, Drink Stylist, Philanthropist, Cocktail Evangelist, New York, NY
- Ann Marshall, Co-Founder at High Wire Distilling Company, Charleston, SC (*Committee chair)
- ms. franky marshall, Modern Bartender ~ Educator, New York, NY
- Iain McPherson, Bar owner & Consultant, Edinburgh, Scotland and Los Angeles, CA (*Committee chair)
- Micaela Piccolo, JERRY Editor, Shanghai, China
- Tess Posthumus, bar owner & bartender at Flying Dutchmen Cocktails, the Netherlands, Amsterdam
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is pleased to announce Royal Sonesta New Orleans as its host hotel for this year’s Tales of the Cocktail, taking place in New Orleans from July 21-26, 2020. This will mark the 18th year for Tales of the Cocktail, an annual event that has evolved from a walking tour of historic New Orleans cocktail bars into the world’s premier cocktail festival. 2020 is also a showcase year for Royal Sonesta New Orleans, celebrating 51 years of serving New Orleans and bringing a touch of luxury to Bourbon Street.
While Royal Sonesta New Orleans has previously served as home to select Tales of the Cocktail seminars and events, this partnership will bring all of the 2020 Seminars, Tasting Rooms, and Pool Tastings to the iconic French Quarter venue. Registration will also be held within Royal Sonesta New Orleans, to ensure a seamless experience for all attendees.
Attendees can also call to book. Please direct them to call 1-855-463-3092 and reference Group Code 072020TOTCA or Group Name Tales of the Cocktail Attendee. Reservations in the Attendee block must be booked until the end of day June 26, 2020.